Everything on soapbox.co.nz, m.ac.nz and patrick.geek.nz except those listed below or specifically noted otherwise is licensed by Patrick Quinn-Graham under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 license. This means you may take text, photos, code, and other items covered by the license and do with them as you wish as long as you provide credit and release the new work under the same license. (The exception is Commercial use, see below.)
- All comments posted on soapbox.co.nz from people other than myself prior to January 1, 2005, these comments are copyrighted by their original authors. (Comments on or after January 1, 2005 are covered by the same Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 license as the rest of the site.)
- Passages from copyrighted articles or books. Fair use should cover my use, but you may want to go back to the source to ensure you are don't get yourself in trouble.
- Anything I don't have the right to give you permission to use.
- Code that is explicitly licensed. Where possible I release code under a BSD license, which allows for (almost) any use.
- Commercial use: The license chosen for this site states that commercial use is prohibited. If you feel any content is worth commercial use, please contact me and I will glady give you permission. This does not apply to material I do not hold the copyright on (specifically comments posted by users).
With the above, keep in mind the principle of fair use when you're deciding if you can use something, regardless of copyright, CC license, etc.
This page is based very heavily on, perhaps some might even say is a direct rip off of, Some rights reserved (kottke.org). Let's face it: it was pretty good before I modified it.